Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Stocking Stuffers


There's a series of Girl Group Garage Rock I love excellently titled Girls in The Garage. The collections were put out on Romulan Records. As far as I know there are around eight or so volumes. I have seen a few on compact disc but primarily they were issued on vinyl and are a pain in the ass to find. I fucking dig this shit. Amongst all the girl group comps I own these just stand out as supreme. The girls are as rock as the Rhino box chicks are pop, but there is a fair amount of pop here as well. It's def. not at the amped up level of the Runaways or anything like that so don't get worried. If your into this shit seek out some for yourself.

The tracks have a little snap, crackle, and pop to 'em but I didn't think you'd mind.


Oo Chang-A-Lang - The Blue Orchids
How Do You Do It? - The Ladybugs
I'll Let You Hold My Hand - The Bootles
Quite A Reputation - The Chymes

Maybe we should get a little female power top ten list going...

No comments: