Sunday, November 19, 2006

Sunday iPod on Random

-Disco2000 - Pulp - Kind of cool considering.
-Chips Ahoy! - The Hold Steady - The 2nd Best Album Of The Year.
-The Road And The Sky - Jackson Browne - People That Don't Like JB, I Don't Like.
-London Calling - The Clash - This is a good one. Never heard it before.
-My Friend Goo - Sonic Youth - Songs like this are why random is cool.
-The Calvary Cross (live) - Richard and Linda Thompson - I have been listening to "I Want To See The Bright Lights Tonight a lot lately and it keeps getting better. RT is a great guitar player if anyone was wondering.
-Thin White Line - High School Sweathearts - Cool shit.
-One Time Too Many - Phoenix - This album def. grew on me. After a few listens I realized I dug every track and could actually remember the songs within seconds of hearing them.
-The Nearest Faraway Place - The Beach Boys - This is probably the nicest way to end this list.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Whats up with the Beach Boys worship? I thought you guys hated mike love.

Anonymous said...

I didn't realize the two were exclusive to one another.

pasd137 said...

1. Billy Childish - "At The Bridge"
2. Kip Tyler & His Flips - "Ooh Yeah Baby"
3. The Waco Brothers - "I'm A Ghost"
4. The Small Faces - "Long Agos And Worlds Apart"
5. The Beach Boys - "Sloop John B" - Ha!
6. Charles Manson - "Arkansas"
7. Nick Drake - "Cello Song"
8. The Vaselines - "Lovecraft"
9. Bascom Lamar Lunsford - "Old Stepstone"
10. The Saints - "I'm Stranded"

Gotta (mike) love the beach boys worship, huh surfs up? killer grooves brah. mutual exlusivity asside, mike love is a tool.