Monday, January 15, 2007

Nonviolent Protest


Today is Martin Luther King Jr Day. If anyone from the last 60 years deserves a national holiday in their rememberance it's MLK. But no, motherfuckers be trippin, and my job doesnt give us the day off. FUCK THAT. Not only is the weather insanely shitty today, but to have to come in to work on a day like this when everyone else has the day off blows. Beyond selfish reasons for wanting the day off, this shit is offensive also. Help me come up with ways to protest nonviolently about them not observing Martin Luther King day. And yes, I am doing this from work (ooooh what a rebel)


P.S. I'm also accepting violent protest options

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tracking your RSS reader and reading blogs all day is a great way to celebrate the life and work of Dr. King. You could try and create a better Google/MLK logo than the one at google.com today!

pasd137 said...

Good call. But I do that anyway (look at blogs all day that is). If i knew the first thing about design I would be all over that also. they couldnt come up with anything better?

Anonymous said...

Ahhhh yes. The on again off again possibility of reviving the nearly mediocre 3 chord wonders, The 1234s. Will it ever happen? Probably not. It would have to be a completely different band. Completely different except for the fact that we'd play the same songs. In the meantime, feel free to re post this at Hendo Bendo Blog Bonanza: http://www.radnauseum.com/mp3s/1234s.zip

Anonymous said...

Oh... and a great non violent protest against "the man" that I do about once a week. Never fucking utter the words "grande" or "venti." I know DD has taken this as their ad campaign now but I've never in all my years as a starbucks customer said anything but small, medium or large. It's the kind of protest that MLK would defenitely get behind. Fuck. Ghandi, the media whore that he was, would really have popularized that movement. carry on.

shrimpcracker said...

Perhaps radnauseum, hojo, hendo & philthy should saddle up... call it The 9,10,11,12's..

Anonymous said...

can my stage name be Jose Loco?