Friday, January 05, 2007

Can't Get Enough Of This Shit


Over the holidays I bought What It Is!: Funk Soul And Rare Grooves. The Shit it hot and from Rhino so you know right off the bat it's gonna be sweet. What It Is! is a four disc collection of tracks from the vaults of Atlantic, ATCO and Warner Bros. There's like one hundred and twenty jams on this things and I can't get enough. This is Ananda Shankar showing us her Jumpin' Jack Flash. Turn it up, turn out the lights, and freak out!



The above rekids got me thinking about something I picked up in Cleveland at the Rn'R Hall Of Fame with Hendo and Shrimp Cracker. A re-issue of two albums the Temptations made with the Supremes. Together and Diana Ross & The Supremes Join The Temptations. These records aren't phenomenal but are still pretty fucking cool. Here's something cute for you. My Guy, My Girl.

Last week I drove through Gary, Indiana, the birthplace of Michael Jackson and the Jackson 5. I would not recommend checking the place out, but that's just my opinion. The Jackson 5 rocked and so does Graham Parker. I Want You Back as performed by GP. I'd crank this one up as well.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Diggin' the jumpin jack flash. The GP song... well... I decided to listen to jumpin jack flash again half way though. Still... thanks.

pasd137 said...

I gotta agree with Radnauseum too no name. the jumpin jack flash is pretty cool. i gotta check out that box man, ive been meaning to get some funk grooves for a while ya know?