Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Song of the Day - The Greenhornes


I hate my current musical set up. I have most of my CDs in my bedroom at my parents' house (a lot of good that does me here...), and have to rely on my computer, hard drive, and the assortment of CDs i've picked up the past few months. a HUGE downside to this situation is that I don't have immediate access to some of my favorite albums. Among my personal favorites are the first two Greenhornes albums. Fucking perfect in practically every way. They are both the kind of albums that make you feel like an ass for not listening to more often. I've been listening to them the past few days for the first time in what feels like 6 months - Way too long. Its too bad that Jack White hijacked the rhythm section for unbridled wankery. And even though I still dig Dual Mono, the first two are where its at. Crank that organ.

Here's a cover of the Spencer Davis Group from the self titled album:

The Greenhornes - High Time Baby
.

No comments: