Monday, March 23, 2009

In India You


The other night, I was having trouble falling asleep. This is worth noting because despite the fact that I never get a good night's sleep, and rarely feel rested in the morning, I fall asleep within 10 minutes of lying down, every night, without fail. After a while, I got out of bed and went to go listen to music on the computer. I decided on the Brian Jonestown Massacre (who incidentally, are playing in NY in like a week) album, Their Satanic Majesties Second Request, and turned on the itunes visualizer. When the lights are off, and that is all you can see, it is pretty easy to get mesmerized. When track 4 came on, something really clicked, and I was bobbing my head to the beat while staring intently at the computer screen. When it ended, I played it again, then again, then a fourth time. The whole time, just sitting there with my eyes fixed on the swirls and shifting shapes and colors. No drugs were involved, just boredom. But its rare these days that I want to listen to an almost 4 minute song over and over and over again.

Here's that song, and turn on the visualizer....

The Brian Jonestown Massacre - In India You
.

No comments: