Friday, May 18, 2007

Warren Zevon Stand In The Fire


In the last few weeks a plethora of Warren Zevon material was released. First up was a wave of reissues on Rhino including two never before released on CD albums (Stand In The Fire and The Envoy). Also reissued and remastered was the classic and near perfect Excitable Boy.

New West Records released Preludes: Rare and Unreleased Recordings and Crystal Zevon, Warren's ex-wife just published I'll Sleep When I'm Dead: The Dirty Life And Times Of Warren Zevon. The book is supposed to be pretty interesting and very revealing of the Zevon that not many people knew.

Stand In The Fire is a Zevon live album recorded at the Roxy. It's pretty killer and makes me sad that the man ain't here to rock like this.

Here's Excitable Boy from that record.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

If you want to know more about the book, I have interviewed Crystal Zevon for my podcast, which can be found at Wings For Wheels.