Sunday, May 20, 2007

iPod on Random

So the Mets reader's of HBBB must be a pretty happy bunch while the Yankees fans around here are pondering their team's existence at the moment. Word is that the Yank brass may be getting trigger happy soon and there are a few heads in the barrel to shoot at though the most obvious choices to aim at really can't be blamed (it's not like Torre or Gator created Murphy's Law, though the Cash-Master could readily be at fault for putting this staff together). My favorite quote from this whole debacle, outside of all the amazing subtle threats to Pavano is Torre talking about the reserve pitching staff in AAA. He said something like, I knew we had a bunch of good players down there but I didn't expect to be seeing them all this year.

Anyway, I sort of hope they don't ax Torre and install Bova, Girardi or Matts since this is a mess no one should have to inherit and Torre deserves to ride the season out with his boys.

Up to tonight is John Maine against some guy named Tyler Clippard (11th Yanks starter of the season) who is making his major league debut tonight on national TV. The pressure is on.

Dead Faces - Okkkervil River - Down The River Of...
Blue Angel - Roy Orbison - The Essential
When You're Walking Away - Jackie Greene - American Myth
Get Off This - Cracker and Leftover Salmon - O' Cracker Where Art Thou?
Mrs. Robinson - The Lemonheads - It's A Shame About Ray
Fixture In The Park - Kate And Anna McGarrigle - Pronto Monto
Three Changes - The Good, The Bad & The Queen - S/T
Simply Thrilled Honey - Orange Juice - The Glasgow School
I and I Are The Chosen - Prince Far I - Free From Sin
Lullaby For A Girl Friend (Happy Trails) - Memphis - I Dreamed We Fell...

4 comments:

shrimpcracker said...

Heads better start rolling, and why not start at the top. Girardi really is not a bad call if they were gonna oust Torre, but Cashman better start packing his bags before the Sox get to town.

shrimpcracker said...

By the way, I thought this was a Trey blog?

pasd137 said...

what about my man Sojo? He'd right this ship.

No Name said...

I just watched the last game of the 2000 world series where Sojo ripped a grounder in the 9th w/ 2 out to put the yanks on top. Those were the days.

I want Trey updates man. Daily or even hourly.