Saturday, March 24, 2007

The Silos - Come On Like The Fast Lane


The Silos just released their latest album, Come On Like The Fast Lane, on Bloodshot Records. The Silos were formed by Lead singer/guitarist Walter Salas-Humara about 20 years ago, and he has soldiered on with the band ever since. In the grand scheme of things, I don't know too much about the band, and I saw them live for the first time with The Minus 5 at The Mercury Lounge last year. I wasn't sure what to expect from them that night and I ended up becoming a fan. I only have a few cds of theirs, and I think I like this album better than the others I've heard. It's got a range of styles, from punchy pop/rock to roots-heavy americana, and the band pulls it all off extremely well. You can tell these guys are for real. This album is also being added to the Official Hendo Bendo Blog Bonanza Thumbs Up List for 2007
Here's the song Behind Me Now
Here's a link to buy the album

Go see them live

No comments: