Sunday, February 11, 2007

Reggae


If you listen to reggae music often enough but none of your friends do, you get to feeling like you have a deep dark secret you can't tell anyone about. Like having a crush on your friend's girlfriend or their sister (or brother). I got to say I am fortunate to have a few compadres who enjoy the sounds of dub, but sadly none of them live in the same city as me so we can't get together often and check out the reggae shops (Jammy's for one) or spin some tracks.

So as my reggae collection grows so does my secret. When asked by a friend what I've been listening to lately, I lie. First I think of what I actually have been listening to and then then I think of something that is conceivable that I could be listening to and if enough time hasn't passed between the asking of the question and my fabled albums of choice I spit them out, hoping no one as noticed my doubt.

Seriously, it ain't that bad at all. I don't really think anyone I know actually cares whether or not I listen to reggae. It was just a funny thought I had.

Reggae Splash: Gregory Isaacs - Peel Session.

5 comments:

pasd137 said...

Wait...
You listen to reggae???????????

No Name said...

I was just hypothesizing

shrimpcracker said...

Apparently Johnny Greenwood likes reggae too, so maybe it's not all shite.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Jonny-Greenwood-Controller-Compiled/dp/B000M345D8

But seriously, you really listen to reggae?

shrimpcracker said...

Johnny Greewood Is The Controller

No Name said...

I read about that Johnny Greenwood comp - thanks for the heads up. I'm only posting reggae on this blog until 2008