Friday, February 23, 2007

Bjork, Vespertine


While I never got too into Bjork, everything i have heard I have enjoyed, though I don't think I would enjoy it all at the same time (does that make any sense?). Mind you I have also not heard that much Bjork so really I have nothing to base the last part of the first sentence on. Vespertine is one of two Bjork albums I possess and it's a good one. It's lots of futuristic, Flaming Lips-ish & Kid A like sounds with more crackels and pops to it and of course, Bjork's voice. A sound that as far as I know has never been repeated.

I've noticed over the last several years that Bjork has released a lot of material, or seems to have. She has allowed her fans entry into her live recordings and other such tidbits that only true fans crave. She's also democratic, letting her listeners pick tracklistings. Perhaps Bjork is the people's weird icelandic, duck wearing, songstress. But then again who isn't?

Aurora - Bjork

No comments: