Monday, April 06, 2009

Thee Oh Sees


Thee Oh Sees played in Brooklyn this past Saturday night, and I was highly considering going to the show. I actually spent the afternoon in BK apartment hunting, but was too burnt to stick it out for the show. I kinda regret it, cause I've been really digging their new record on In The Red, Help. Every time Thee Oh Sees get mentioned, the laundry list of bands that front man John Dwyer has played in always get discussed. Since I'm only really familiar with his most famous one, Coachwhips, I'll leave that for the more legit reviewers/blogs.

The whole album is pretty catchy, but I've had the first song stuck in my head the past few days, so we'll stick with that.

Here it is:
Thee Oh Sees - Enemy Destruct


P.S.
Is it just me, or has In The Red been on a fucking roll the past few months??
.

2 comments:

Nihilist Loves Hate, Hates Everything said...

Oh man i wanted to go to this show too but didn't. let me know next time you hear about them being in town.

also, on the topic of In the Red, have you heard / are you digging the Strange Boys record? I dig mucho mucho (considerably more than, say, the new Black Lips record).

pasd137 said...

Hell Yes. Seriously. I will be very surpirsed if another record comes out this year that will knock The Strange Boys out of the #1 album of the year spot for me. I remember Alex raving about them many moons ago, but I only recently got hip.