Wednesday, April 01, 2009

I have seen the future of ROCK



and its name is DIEHARD.

I got to see their first show ever last night at Union Hall in Brooklyn, and when they're rich and famous, I got the bragging rights sonnnn. Killer indie rock/pop reminiscent of the best bands from the early-mid '90s. Close your eyes, and your at a show in Chapel Hill circa 1994 (that is intended to be a compliment - hopefully it means what i think it means...). Loud, fast, nice guitar work by my man ezRock, and spot on male/female vocals.
I polled the audience completely at random, and asked someone else what they thought:
"The problem with starting is a new awesome band is you can't come back to say your old awesome band is alright" - Shrimp Cracker

The whole set was filled with songs that get the official HBBB stamp of approval, but one stood out to me as totally awesome. Unfortunately, a full band recording of it doesn't exist yet, so I only have a VERY ROUGH DEMO. But either way, the song rocks. This demo sounds cool, but with the band it really kicked ass. They switched off vocals, and it really tied the room together.

Cool Kids (DEMO)

Check out their myspace page for a bunch of songs they've done together. These guys are going places (and im not talking about midnight runs to Scottys....), I think there must be something in the water in Teeneck, NJ (??????????)
.

2 comments:

ezruh sellof said...

Thanks dude!!!

Scotty's!

Nihilist Loves Hate, Hates Everything said...

i am proud to say i WAS THERE and that i hope to be there again next time. also, evan you are a god.