Thursday, February 26, 2009

Top Ten Songs by The Clash


I rented the movie "Rude Boy" a couple days ago, having never seen it. I was a little distracted while I was watching it, but there were definitely some cool moments, and the live footage was awesome. It inspired me to listen to The Clash again for the first time in a few months, and then make a top ten. I tend to prefer the earlier, more punk rock songs. My first contact with them was unfortunately through their last album (classic), "Cut The Crap" when I was probably 12 years old. Needless to say, after being exposed to the Ramones, Dead Kennedys, etc. that sounded like bad disco new wave crap. I was going to give up on them, until I heard the first album. That's more like it.

Here they are, the top ten Clash songs.

Hendo's List
1. White Riot
2. London's Burning
3. Career Opportunities
4. Safe European Home
5. I'm So Bored With The USA
6. 1977
7. Complete Control
8. Janie Jones
9. Rudie Can't Fail
10. Hateful / Tommy Gun (tie)


HojoHiFive's List
Clampdown
English Civil War
Death Or Glory
One More Time
Hateful
Bankrobber/Robber Dub
White Riot
Jail Guitar Doors
Complete Control
London Calling


Lundqvist's List
Clampdown
Straight to Hell
Police on My Back
Brand New Cadillac
(White Man) in Hammersmith Palais
White Riot
Career Opportunities
Tommy Gun
The Magnificent Seven
Pressure Drop


Shrimp Cracker's List
1. White Riot
2. Clampdown
3. The Magnificent Seven
4. London Calling
5. Janie Jones
6. Police On My Back
7. Safe European Home
8. I'm So Bored With The USA
9. Lost in the Supermarket
10. Tommy Gun
.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Fuck. I can't do only 10 -

Hateful
Cheapskates
Complete Control
Death Or Glory
London's Burning
The Equaliser
Rebel Waltz
Safe European Home
Guns Of Brixton
The Prisoner
Tommy Gun
City of the Dead
Clash City Rockers

pasd137 said...

Nice list stranger