Thursday, February 19, 2009

33 1/3


The 33 1/3 book series has come out with a list of 170 albums that could potentially be covered in their series.

I have only read about 4 or 5 books in the series, and I've found them to be hit or miss. The ones I've read have all been about personal favorite albums, so its hard to say for sure whether I'm chomping at the bit to see books about particular albums. So much depends on who the author is, and what their method of handling the project is (it can vary widely...). Here's (just) a few from that list I would be interested in:

Bob Dylan – Self Portrait
The Cramps – Songs the Lord Taught Us
Drive-By Truckers – Southern Rock Opera
The Incredible String Band – The Hangman’s Beautiful Daughter
The Mekons – Fear and Whiskey
Neil Young – Tonight’s the Night
Pussy Galore – Exile on Main Street
Richard Hell and the Voidoids – Blank Generation


Any recommendations for what should be covered next? (the dictators)

No comments: