Sunday, June 25, 2006

Teengenerate + why i like MacBooks

Now we're in business, we got Shrimp Cracker on board for the Blog Bonanza. Now I have to take this thing a little more seriously. I need to edit my stuff now (or at least proofread). Hopefully we'll have some other people joining too (irish, you chafe?). I'm happy to say that I have a new computer now (I'm still waiting to retrieve all of my files on my old one though), so I can resume my normal life. This new comp. came with Garage Band on it, so now I can record crappy sounding demos whenever I want (ye$$ - Nashville here I come). I promised Shrimp cracker that I would post some stuff, so here are some half-assed recordings. Once I actually learn how to use the program, I'll have Spector/Wall of Sound type stuff for ya.
An abbreviated version of Billy Childish's "No Mercy"
A Doojh original, "Where Were You Last Night"


Enough of that for now. One of my favorite bands from the early - mid '90s is Teengenerate. These guys were from Japan, and put out a slew of amazing LPs and singles. Lead singer Fink, along with Fifi, Sammy, and Shoe raised the bar for lo-fi fuzzed out rocknroll. Their recordings were so high in the red that you can barely understand a word he is singing, let alone trying to get through his really thick accent. Fink's grasp of the English language was not amazing either, but it all adds up to a whole lot of fun, and some of the most rockin material from that era. They took the best elements for rave-up rocknroll like Jerry Lee, Chuck Berry and Little Richard and added a Ramones style kick in the pants. A shout-out must go to Emplyee of The Month, for their post about the absolute genius that was Teengenerate.

Teengenerate - "My GTO"
Teengenerate - "Gonna Feel Alright"
Teengenerate - "Savage"

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

congrats on the new macbook. I trust Apple got all your music?

pasd137 said...

Still to be determined. My old computer has been shipped out, and hopefully I'll have it back soon (along with my spreadsheet of what i got...I'll let you know)