Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Happy 666



I had the pleasure of going to check out the Love Drunks at Valentine's in Albany last night (06.05.06). I had heard the name a few times, but didnt really know much about them. my band was originally going to open up for them, but the dates got switched up, oh well. It turns out The Love Drunks are a band from Atlanta, Ga, and their debut album came out on Alive/Bomp records earlier this year. There were a bunch of local bands that opened up that were alright, but not my particular cup of tea. During the warm up sets, my friend and I got to hang out with the band, and they were pretty cool, down to earth guys. I will say they know how to drink though. They hit the stage and their energy was unreal. To say that the lead singer is a lunatic is the understatement of the century. He was jumping around, rolling on the floor, smashing plastic beer cups against his head, and generally getting up in people's faces. The bassist also played an upright (+ 2 cool points), and the whole band just fucking rocked. The singer even made fun of the opening bands (while they were all still there), saying that "apparently, they don't like rock n roll". Balls on this guy, huh? I dont have their CD with me at the moment, but if you go to their myspace page, you can download songs from there. Check them out, kinda like The Cramps crossed with a more straight up garage band like the Black Lips or The Devil Dogs, and a little bit of the pop influence a la the Exploding Hearts. Can ya dig?

In other news, we may have some other people starting to post stuff on this here blog, so hopefully, it will be much more well rounded in the not-too-distant future. pretty sweet. make sure you check back periodically.

The NBA finals start this Thursday night, and even though it should be an interesting and exciting series, the two teams that I wanted to see make it to the finals both lost in the last round. even though the pistons bitched out in the last round, taysh is still my man. Plus, I'm sure Shaq-Pack will have a handful of absurd soundbites in the next two weeks to keep us all satisfied.

Happy 666 you sinners.

No comments: