Wednesday, October 22, 2008

My Study Mix


Today I was going through some stuff on my ipod and ran into my study playlist from the dark days immediately prior to when I took the NY bar exam. This is normally a hectic time for any person but my situation was worsened when my computer crashed and died taking all my bar notes along with it. The only plus to something like that happening is a. your backpack on the trips to and from the library becomes much lighter. b. you have less stuff to study. c. you have a good excuse if you fail the test. (though if this happens, I can assure you I will never post on this blog ever again-maybe you'd like that, huh?). 

Finding the mix reminded me of those days where you get up and study, take a piss, study, eat, study and sleep. Repeat. It reminded me of those days but it did not make me yearn for them. Here's my mix and some links. Now you will know why I may have failed. 

Slapped Actress - The Hold Steady
Coma Girl - Joe Strummer
Howlin' Down The Cumberland - John Hiatt
Buffalo - Kathleen Edwards
Lord I'm Discouraged - The Hold Steady
Old Downtown - Laura Cantrell
A Damn Good Disguise - The Mendoza Line
Scare Easy - Mudcrutch 
For Real - Okkervil River
Angels Walk - Paul Westerberg
Under The Boardwalk - Ricki Lee Jones
Killing The Blues - Robert Plant & Alison Krauss (the song from which this album comes from I am convinced is the best of all last year)
The Only One - Roy Orbison (get this man a stamp already)
Hard Rain - Shout Out Louds
A Higher Place - Tom Petty
Wake Up Time - Tom Petty

5 comments:

shrimpcracker said...

I want a zip if the whole thing. Come on homes, don't be holdin' out

shrimpcracker said...

Of the whole thing, that is

Anonymous said...

i like the mix. that plant/krauss album is pretty great. when you make a zip. can you give it a snazzy title so i can s.w.?
- HENDO

Anonymous said...

the problem is I don't have most of that shit on disc but I could rip it off my ipod if you insist. - No Name

ezruh sellof said...

this is an e-mail i sent to someone the other day while writing a paper:

"I've been working on a paper for policy formation for the last few hours, mainly listening to Springsteen (Darkness on the Edge Of Town, The Ghost of Tom Joad, Live 1975-1985, and now Nebraska).

Anyway, I just decided he's now my go to for paper writing background music."