Thursday, October 19, 2006

The Evil Powers of Rock N Roll


Who you ask, who are the best bands going right now in this country? Well, that list is liable to change on a day-to-day business with me, however, along with The Figgs and The Dirtbombs, the other band that has always remained at the very top of that list for a long time now is the almighty Supersuckers. They have been tearing it up for almost 20 years now, and I dare say it, they are as great now as they have ever been, and that is really saying something. I had the pleasure of seeing them live in Boston a few nights ago with Social Distortion, and Ms. Bonaznza J., and even though they were in the opening slot, they dominated the stage, and won over the massive sold-out crowd. They have an ep they just came out with, and it still hasnt left my cd player. First off, let's here the title track from their latest release "Paid". I have seen them now about 8 or 9 times, and I will most certainly pay to see them for years to come, including on their next tour with the NY Dolls (!).They are one of the best ROCK bands ever, and they also pull off some of the mighty-finest country these ears have heard. Here are a few prime examples of both, and then of course, my top 5 Supersuckers songs.

Fisticuffs
Must've Been High
Eastbound And Down
Doublewide
Drink And Complain


Hendo's Top 5 Supersuckers Songs:
1. Evil Powers of Rocknroll
2. Mudhead
3. The Captain
4. I Say Fuck
5. I Want The Drugs

With waaaay too many honorables to mention, so I'll leave it to you. I showed you mine, you show me yours (in the comments - get your mind out of the gutter mr. pio pio........)

2 comments:

No Name said...

Creepy Jackalope Eye
Alabama, Lousiana or Maybe Tennessee
Cowpoke
Sleepy Vampire
Good Livin'

Anonymous said...

I must agree- they rocked the house last Monday. Here's my list.

1. Pretty Fucked Up
2. Dead in the Water
3. Alabama, Lousiana or Maybe Tennessee
4. Road Worn and Weary
5. I Don't Wanna Know (ok- not technically a "supersuckers" song but close enough).
~Ms. Bonanza J~