Monday, August 21, 2006

Summer Reading At The Ranch


Apparently our president is experiencing some serious anomie. Did you all see this? On his most recent retreat to the Ranch, Bush got down with some French existentialist fiction about the meaninglessness & dread in the human condition. I really don't know what to possibly make of all this.... maybe he's trying to work through the guilt that comes after killing an Arab in the sand (where "an" = 40,592 Iraqis).

The White House mouthpiece, Tony Snow, tries to clarify: "I don't know how `L'Etranger' made it onto his list... I must confess, I read `L'Etranger' 25 years ago." Snow also added that he and W. had "a brief conversation on the origins of French existentialism, Camus and Sartre."

Folks, you really can't make this shit up anymore.

My hope is this is just another Rovian ploy to fuck with the liberals.
If it's not, then we've just taken another bizarre twist.


    I'm Alive
    I'm Dead
    I'm a Stranger
    Killing an Arab

    The Cure - "Killing An Arab"

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This really is all too surreal. Nice observation. What kind of plot do you think the power that be has up his sleeve?