Saturday, September 27, 2008

Dinosaur Jr

Thursday night, I got to go see Dinosaur Jr and Built to Spill courtesy of Shrimp Cracker. I really didn't know much about BTS, but I am a fan of Dinosaur Jr. I've liked them for a long time, which means I don't listen to their records that often anymore. I spent most of the evening thinking to myself, "hey, i wish they would play my favorite song "______________"'
and then completely drew a blank. I knew it was relatively poppier then most of their other songs, but I couldnt even remember the tune at all, or what album it was from. I asked the others I was with but my vague description did nothing to help them either. Needless to say, this bugged the hell out of me for the rest of the night. When I got home, I went online to do more detective work.

Turns out, the song was "Not You Again" from the EP, Whatever's Cool With Me.

Here's a youtube clip of J Mascis playing it solo:

No comments: